IHG Clean Promise
IHG Clean Promise
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort is getting ready to reopen in September 2020 with strict adherence to the public health and safety regulations of the Maldives government. Throughout the pandemic, the resort management has remained committed to working with trusted health and safety organizations in the Maldives and internationally to implement additional measures ensuring the well-being of visitors and our colleagues.
The resort will implement the IHG Clean Promise programme where the long standing commitment to stringent cleaning procedures of the IHG Way of Clean has been expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols such as increased frequency of deep cleaning in the villas and public spaces, revamping our service approach in our restaurants and bars, facilitating touchless transactions and contactless check ins.
Launched in 2015, the IHG Way of Clean was developed in partnership with global leaders in cleaning technologies; “Ecolab” and “Diversey” focusing on deep cleaning of rooms and public spaces using hospital grade disinfectants. Among the enhanced health and safety procedures highlighted throughout the resort are:
- Domestic Transportation: Disinfection and decontamination procedures approved by the Maldives Health Protection Agency will be undertaken on vessels and seaplanes after every passenger disembarkation with physical distancing on board resort vessels. Individual vehicular airport transfers available per villa at the Velana International Airport and Dharavandhoo Domestic Airport.
- Reception: Reduced contact and physical interaction with “direct to villa’’ check-in and check-out, touchless transactions, front-desk screens, sanitizer stations and sanitized keys
- Guest Room: Visible verification of sanitized items (e.g., glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, use of new technology
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, social distancing, best practices for pools, fitness centers and lounges
- Restaurants & Bars: New standards and service approach to dine-in, in villa dining and other events
- Medical Assistance: Resident doctor certified on Covid-19 protocols of the Maldives Health Protection Agency available
To ensure the personal well-being of our guests and colleagues, IHG has been working closely with medical experts at the globally recognized Cleveland Clinic to develop new ways of working and to provide personal safety resources such as:
• Social distancing operating procedures and signage
• Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits and personal use hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms
• Availability of hand sanitizer at high-touch points throughout the resort
• Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
• Updated colleague training and certification
Should you wish for more information on all the steps taken by the resort to ensure your health and well-being during your stay with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.