THE MANTA RETREAT AT MAAMUNAGAU
Aimed for adventure travellers and nature lovers, and all who want to know more to understand the diversity of the fascinating marine life mother nature has created InterContinental Maldives and Manta Trust launch the first Manta Retreat of its kind in October 2022.
The resort's unique location within the largely untouched Raa Atoll, just a few boat miles away from Hanifaru Bay, the largest Manta Ray feeding spot known in the world, and the resort island located within the unique Maamunagau lagoon, are perfect to spend time with Manta Rays all year round. Maamunagau is a known juvenile Manta Ray aggregation spot, where young Manta Rays spend their days in a sheltered area until they are large enough to travel the atolls.
Participants of the Manta Retreat will gain exclusive insights into the work of the Manta Trust as well as get close to these gentle giants on several occasions. The retreat will take place over five days from 23rd to 28th October 2022 and include several snorkelling trips to search and identify the Manta Rays of the Maldives as well as workshops and talks of several marine topics.
Jessica Haines, the resort-based Manta Trust Project Manager will be leading the retreat not just to guide the snorkelling trips to local Manta spots, but also to share research, insights and knowledge.
THE MANTA RETREAT
- The Manta Retreat will take place from 23rd to 28th October 2022 at the InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort.
- The price starts from USD 10,950 for a single participant and USD 15,250 for a couple, staying in an Over Water Pool Villa including half board for five nights and return seaplane transfers.
- Five nights stay in an Overwater Pool Villa incl. half board and return transfers
- During Retreat:
- welcome cocktail
- three Manta snorkelling trips
- a house reef night snorkelling experience
- a sunset cruise on a luxury yacht with champagne and canapes
- several workshops about Manta Ray ID, plankton, turtles, coral restoration and Manta research talks, study material and more.
- Complimentary daily breakfast at Cafe Umi
- Club InterContinental benefits of daily afternoon tea from 3.00pm – 5.00pm, evening aperitifs from 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm and poolside non-alcoholic beverages and refreshments available daily from 11.00am to 6.00pm
- A range of complimentary non-motorized water sports activities including Catamaran Sailing, Wind Surfing and Stand-Up Paddling
CONTACT US TO BOOK
Please contact us directly with the booking code "Manta Retreat"
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Minimum age for participants is 16 years and above.
- A non-refundable full deposit is required 14 days prior to arrival.